Tofu Mousse. Should those two words really be used in the same sentence? Surprisingly, yes! They actually should be used together! And why not add Pumpkin into the mix?!
I’ve been seeing the whole craze over tofu mousse lately, and I was a little hesitant about it at first. But I figured what have I got to lose? The next step was getting un-lazy (is that a word? :P) enough to actually make it! The other day I walked past some silken tofu in the store and I remembered the tofu mousse, so I went ahead and grabbed some!
The other day I finally decided that I was going to make some for breakfast before my workout. I was looking on both Pinterest and Instagram for the perfect recipe, but I didn’t find anything that I was specifically looking for at the time, so I decided to make my own recipe! Although I am now eager to try out all sorts of recipes for the glorious tofu mousse!
So, if you like pumpkin and if you like mousse, this recipe with surely not disappoint!
Pumpkin Tofu Mousse
- 1/2 block (6oz.) Extra Firm Silken Tofu
- 1/2 cup Canned Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2tbsp Egg Whites
- 2tbsp Walden Farms Pancake Syrup (or other brand of choice)
- 1/2 tsp each of Pumpkin Pie Spice and Cinnamon
- 1tsp Ground Flaxseed (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp Maca Powder (optional)
- A couple drops of Stevia (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a small-medium size bowl.
- Blend in the bowl with a handheld immersion blender. (If you don’t have one, you can put it in a regular blender or food processor, but you may want to double the recipe to make it easier to blend all ingredients together).
- Top with your toppings of choice!