Tofu Mousse. Should those two words really be used in the same sentence? Surprisingly, yes! They actually should be used together! And why not add Pumpkin into the mix?!
I’ve been seeing the whole craze over tofu mousse lately, and I was a little hesitant about it at first. But I figured what have I got to lose? The next step was getting un-lazy (is that a word? :P) enough to actually make it! The other day I walked past some silken tofu in the store and I remembered the tofu mousse, so I went ahead and grabbed some!
The other day I finally decided that I was going to make some for breakfast before my workout. I was looking on both Pinterest and Instagram for the perfect recipe, but I didn’t find anything that I was specifically looking for at the time, so I decided to make my own recipe! Although I am now eager to try out all sorts of recipes for the glorious tofu mousse!
So, if you like pumpkin and if you like mousse, this recipe with surely not disappoint!
Pumpkin Tofu Mousse
- 1/2 block (6oz.) Extra Firm Silken Tofu
- 1/2 cup Canned Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2tbsp Egg Whites
- 2tbsp Walden Farms Pancake Syrup (or other brand of choice)
- 1/2 tsp each of Pumpkin Pie Spice and Cinnamon
- 1tsp Ground Flaxseed (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp Maca Powder (optional)
- A couple drops of Stevia (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a small-medium size bowl.
- Blend in the bowl with a handheld immersion blender. (If you don’t have one, you can put it in a regular blender or food processor, but you may want to double the recipe to make it easier to blend all ingredients together).
- Top with your toppings of choice!
Okay, okay, I know what you may be thinking: Sweet Potato Oats? What is she thinking?!
But wait! These oats turned out even better than I thought they would. I figured they’d taste good but not the-best-oats-I-think-I’ve-ever-made-good. And might I mention that they left my dorm room smelling all delicious and autumn-like! 🙂
These oats are ooey, gooey, voluminous, and any other good words you can associate with oatmeal. 😛 I made these oats on another chilly morning, so they were also that much more perfect!
So I’m not going to keep you waiting any longer for the recipe, because I really, REALLY want you all to try it!
Cinnamon Spice Sweet Potato Oatmeal
- ½ cup Rolled Oats
- ½ cup milk of choice (I used Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk)
- 3 tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 pack (71g.) Sweet Potato Baby Food
- 2 tsp each of Chia seeds and Ground Flaxseed
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Vanilla Stevia Drops, to taste
- Combine first four ingredients in a bowl.
- Microwave for about 90 seconds, depending on the strength of your microwave.
- Add in last three ingredients, and then toppings of choice. I topped mine with unsweetened shredded coconut, Goji Berries, and sprinkles!
What’s your favorite cold weather comfort food? (healthy or not!)
If you didn’t already know, I live in Minnesota. That being said, you should immediately infer from that that the weather here is dumb and unpredictable. 😛 For the past few days have been perfect sunny and 70s days. But then today came along. Rainy, cloudy, and getting cooler by the hour. It is currently dreary and 54 degrees. Not exactly what I want this time of year. But hey, you win some, you lose some.
Today’s weather being what it is, I came straight back to my dorm after classes and put on some comfy sweats and a baggy sweatshirt. I am now cuddled up on my futon watching Harry Potter, and just woke up from a quick, refreshing nap. 🙂 I decided to post my recipe for Pumpkin Spice Proats now because what’s better than warm oatmeal on a cool/cold day?!
I made these oats a couple weeks ago to fuel up for the day. For this recipe, you do need pumpkin spice flavored protein powder, but if you’re not too worried about your oats being pumpkin flavored you can use whatever flavor protein powder your heart desires!
Pumpkin Spice Proats
- ½ cup Organic Rolled Oats
- ½ cup Milk of choice
- 1 Scoop Pumpkin Spice Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Spice Jif Whips Peanut Butter
- Chia seeds, Flax seeds, and Cinnamon to taste
- Combine oats and milk, and microwave for 90 seconds.
- Add other ingredients to the bowl and mix!
- Add toppings of choice, and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe, and don’t forget to check out my other recipes too! 🙂