Okay, okay, I know what you may be thinking: Sweet Potato Oats? What is she thinking?!
But wait! These oats turned out even better than I thought they would. I figured they’d taste good but not the-best-oats-I-think-I’ve-ever-made-good. And might I mention that they left my dorm room smelling all delicious and autumn-like! 🙂
These oats are ooey, gooey, voluminous, and any other good words you can associate with oatmeal. 😛 I made these oats on another chilly morning, so they were also that much more perfect!
So I’m not going to keep you waiting any longer for the recipe, because I really, REALLY want you all to try it!
Cinnamon Spice Sweet Potato Oatmeal
- ½ cup Rolled Oats
- ½ cup milk of choice (I used Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk)
- 3 tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 pack (71g.) Sweet Potato Baby Food
- 2 tsp each of Chia seeds and Ground Flaxseed
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Vanilla Stevia Drops, to taste
- Combine first four ingredients in a bowl.
- Microwave for about 90 seconds, depending on the strength of your microwave.
- Add in last three ingredients, and then toppings of choice. I topped mine with unsweetened shredded coconut, Goji Berries, and sprinkles!
What’s your favorite cold weather comfort food? (healthy or not!)