If you didn’t already know, I live in Minnesota. That being said, you should immediately infer from that that the weather here is dumb and unpredictable. 😛 For the past few days have been perfect sunny and 70s days. But then today came along. Rainy, cloudy, and getting cooler by the hour. It is currently dreary and 54 degrees. Not exactly what I want this time of year. But hey, you win some, you lose some.
Today’s weather being what it is, I came straight back to my dorm after classes and put on some comfy sweats and a baggy sweatshirt. I am now cuddled up on my futon watching Harry Potter, and just woke up from a quick, refreshing nap. 🙂 I decided to post my recipe for Pumpkin Spice Proats now because what’s better than warm oatmeal on a cool/cold day?!
I made these oats a couple weeks ago to fuel up for the day. For this recipe, you do need pumpkin spice flavored protein powder, but if you’re not too worried about your oats being pumpkin flavored you can use whatever flavor protein powder your heart desires!
Pumpkin Spice Proats
- ½ cup Organic Rolled Oats
- ½ cup Milk of choice
- 1 Scoop Pumpkin Spice Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Spice Jif Whips Peanut Butter
- Chia seeds, Flax seeds, and Cinnamon to taste
- Combine oats and milk, and microwave for 90 seconds.
- Add other ingredients to the bowl and mix!
- Add toppings of choice, and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe, and don’t forget to check out my other recipes too! 🙂