Hi everyone, I’m still alive and well! I’m just really busy with classes and homework and stuff, so that has really limited my time to do extra stuff. But here I am with a few minutes to spare before my last class of the day, so I decided to post one of my recipes from the list of them that I have yet to post! So here it goes!
Before I get to the recipe though, let me just tell you that these overnight oats are easily one of the best I’ve had! Not to toot my own horn, but TOOOOOOTTTT! 😛 Anyway, I had made these a couple weeks ago for either my first or second day of classes (I can’t remember which haha) and it was the perfect way to start the day. Also, this was my first time trying baby food in a recipe. I’ve seen many people use it in various recipes and I’ve been thinking about jumping on the bandwagon for some time now, so here I am! And without further ado, here’s the recipe for my Carrot Cake Overnight Proats! 🙂
(Bad quality picture, I know. But I just wated to get a close-up for the full effect 😛 )
- ½ cup Organic Rolled Oats
- ½ cup Milk of choice
- 1 pack (99g.) Carrot Baby Food
- 2 tbsp Egg Whites
- 1 tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/8 tsp Butter Extract
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds
- Stevia (or sweetener of choice), to taste
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Toppings of choice (I topped my oats with unsweetened shredded coconut, goji berries, and sprinkles)
- Mix all ingredients (except toppings) together in a jar or bowl and cover overnight, or for at least 4 hours.
- When you’re ready to eat your oats, add your toppings and enjoy!