Hello all! 🙂
Today I have a pretty dang nifty recipe to share with you. 🙂
Who likes bananas? Or peanut butter? Or granola? Well how about a granola recipe that includes bananas and peanut butter?! Nothing better, right? Well actually there is! Not only does this recipe have bananas and peanut butter, but it’s also healthy, naturally sweetened(!!!), and even contains some superfood ingredients! But wait for it, it also tastes fabulous without sacrificing nutritional value.
If you’re like me, you can eat copious amounts of peanut butter, bananas, or pretty much anything with those flavors. Is it weird that I used to not be able to even stand bananas, yet now I would not be able to live without them? (I’ll answer that for myself: yes).
I’ve been wanting to make some homemade granola for months now because it’s been so long since I’ve done so. The other day I came across the perfect opportunity to create my own granola recipe (which I’ve never done before — I’ve only gone off of other recipes). I was scrolling through Instagram and found a post for a “Mystery Ingredient” Challenge (hosted by @f00dventures and @eatprayweights and sponsored by @monkeybutterpb). The mystery ingredient was none other than bananas! The reason I found this as the perfect opportunity is that I knew I wanted my granola to be sweetened with bananas. So I got my creative juices going today and I definitely had some fun!
Here you have it!
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed with fork
- 3 ½ cups Organic Rolled Oats
- 3 tbsp Krema Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 3 tbsp Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Cinnamon, to taste
- 3 tbsp Home Dehydrated Banana Chips, broken up (optional)
- Additional Coconut Shreds (optional)
- Preheat Oven to 375°F
- In a medium sized bowl, mash bananas with fork. Add the next 6 ingredients and stir.
- Spread granola mixture out on parchment paper lined pans (I used a total of 3 pans). **Make sure to spread the mixture very thin/spread out so that is toasts correctly.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes, rotating/mixing halfway through.
- Once the granola is done baking, add in broken up banana chips and more unsweetened shredded coconut. My banana chips were home dehydrated by my dad, so they’re naturally sweetened (no additional ingredients, just banana)! So if you use store bought dehydrated/freeze dried banana chips, make sure the only ingredient is banana.
- Place in an airtight container (make sure the granola has cooled off before doing this).
- Eat as cereal with some milk, top yogurt with it, eat it by the handful, or any other way you can think of!
What’s your favorite way to use or eat granola?