Hello everyone! I haven’t posted in a little while, but I’m back and at it with another recipe today!
But before I get to that, I want to tell you something really exciting (well, for me at least! :P) After this past school year I decided to transfer colleges to the state university in my town. I’ve been wanting to go to the gym there for the past month and a half or so and I finally went this morning with my brother! (He he goes to school there too). I’ve been going to the local YMCA since the beginning of the summer because I didn’t realize that I already have access to my school’s gym (because I got my ID about a month ago). The reason it took awhile to try out my school’s gym was because I really wanted to go with my brother the first time, and our schedules finally cooperated today! Anyway, I absolutely lovelovelove this gym! It’s fabulous and I cannot wait to go back!
But before I went to the gym I needed to properly fuel up. 🙂 I decided to make some french toast for my pre-workout breakfast. It turned into a Chocolate Protein French Toast Sandwich! So now what you’ve all (hopefully) been waiting for: the recipe!
For French Toast:
- 1/4 cup Milk of Choice (I used skim because it’s what we had on hand)
- 4 tbsp. Egg Whites
- 8 drops Dark Chocolate Stevia
- Cinnamon, to taste
- 2 slices of Sprouted 7-Grain Bread (like Ezekiel bread), or bread of choice (I used Trader Joe’s brand)
For Sandwich Filling:
- 2 tbsp. Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Chocolate Brownie Protein Powder
- 5 drops Dark Chocolate Stevia
- Cinnamon, to taste
- 1/2 Ripe Banana
- Walden Farms Pancake Syrup
Chia and Flax Seeds
- Pan or skillet
- Coconut oil, for greasing the pan
- Heat pan/skillet on the stove at medium heat. Grease pan with coconut oil.
- Soak each slice of bread in the mixture (everything listed in the french toast ingredients above) for 1 minute on each side.
- Cook (on medium heat or a little higher) for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- While keeping an eye on the french toast, mix together your filling (except banana).
- Once the french toast is done cooking, spoon the filling on one slice of french toast and add the banana and second piece of toast.
- Cut in half (very messily :P) and top with your toppings.
Savor and enjoy the deliciousness of the french toast because it’ll be gone before you know it!
I really hope you guys try this recipe out! If you do, let me know what you think! 🙂
What are your favorite flavors/things to add to french toast?