Well folks, here I am again with yet another waffle recipe! Today I did a HIIT workout at home and I planned to refuel with a protein waffle. Starting last night I was trying to decide what kind I would make. For some reason I was having the hardest time, but I finally settled on Chocolate Cherry since we have home-dehydrated cherries in the freezer and fresh cherries in the fridge!
The funny thing is that I used to never like cherries. I only liked cherry flavored things (like fruit snacks). But I finally tried them again a few weeks ago and discovered that I like them!
•1/4 cup Oat Flour
•3 tbsp + 1 tsp Chocolate Protein Powder (I used whey)
•1 tbsp Coconut Water (or just a tad but more if you’d like)
•2 tbsp Dehydrated Bing Cherries (I used ones that my dad dehydrated [which means no yucky additives!])
•A couple drops of Cherry Flavoring (extract or essential oil)
1. Turn on waffle iron to preheat.
2. Mix together all ingredients.
3. Spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray (I used coconut oil spray).
4. Pour batter into iron once preheated.
5. Top with toppings of choice! I topped mine with Walden Farms Marshmallow Fluff, some fresh Bing Cherries, Walden Farms Pancake Syrup, and Hemp seeds! (I forgot to add cinnamon — gasp!)