Hi there, everyone! 🙂
Last Sunday I was feelin’ a lemon flavored waffle, and so the Lemon Chia Seed Waffle was born! 😛 The one I made last Sunday wasn’t too bad flavor wise, but I needed to work on the texture a little bit. I’m putting 99% of the blame on my waffle maker though, because it didn’t beep when it was done (only the “ready” light came on) and I was in the other room trying to do my typical multi-tasking. So that is why I do put 1% of the blame on myself! 😛
This morning seemed like the perfect morning to do a second trial of these waffles because Sundays are rest days for me and I had plenty of time to slowly roll out of bed when I was ready to, and start tweaking the recipe for and remaking the Lemon Chia Seed Waffle! Man, am I happy that I changed up the recipe! I actually only just tweaked it a tad bit, but it sure did the trick! This waffle is perfectly moist on the inside and golden to perfection on the outside. Not to toot my own horn but TOOOOOOOT! You
should probably need to try these waffles!
So without further ado, the recipe!
- 2/3 cup Oat Flour (I grind up my own oats in our Ninja)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1 1/2 tsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 5 tbsp + 1 tsp Coconut Water
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- approx. 8 Drops of Lemon Stevia (or stevia of choice)
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Desired toppings (I’ll post what I used for mine below)
1. Turn on waffle iron to preheat.
2. Mix together all ingredients.
3. Pour into waffle maker once preheated.
4. Once your waffle iron beeps or says it’s ready, leave waffle in for another minute or so, but keep an eye on it.
5. Top with desired toppings. I topped mine with Walden Farms Marshmallow Fluff, Walden Farms Pancake Syrup, Halo Top Creamery Lemon Cake Ice Cream, and Chia Seeds!
Let me know what you think! I hope you’re all enjoying my waffle creations! If you have any flavor suggestions, I’d be more than happy to try them out! 🙂