Woofta! It’s been a little while since I’ve posted (really it’s only been about a week, but we’ll pretend like that’s a long time)! To be honest, the reason why I haven’t posted in the past week is because I haven’t really had anything to post about. 😛 But guess what?! I definitely have something to post about now!
This morning I decided to go for a long run, which I haven’t done for about two weeks now. Lately I have been focusing much more on weight training and lifting than on cardio, and I’m absolutely loving it! Although, it was pretty nice to hit the roads again after my mini hiatus! At the beginning of my run I was feeling like what am I doing? I definitely don’t feel like going very far. But I just kept running because I know when going for a run it takes a little bit to get in the mood and kind of forget you’re actually running! So I kept going, and I ended up going farther than planned!
So what was I thinking about during my run that made me forget I was running, you may ask? I was thinking about breakfast! There was one thing I knew for sure: I wanted to try and create my own waffle recipe. My first idea (which I actually though of yesterday) was to make a strawberry rhubarb waffle, then later on yesterday I thought maybe I should try a peach waffle. But while running today, I decided you know, a s’mores waffle sounds delicious right now!
So what did I make after getting home and doing a 20 minute Crossfit AMRAP? You guessed it! I made a wonderful Peanut Butter S’mores Protein Waffle!
I apologize for the terrible quality of these pictures — I was a little more focused on how much I wanted to eat the waffle instead of trying to take superfantastic pictures!
This was my very first time making up my own waffle recipe, so I was excited, but I was really trying not to get my hopes up too much in case it didn’t turn out well. But low and behold, it turned out great! In fact, the texture even reminded me of s’mores because the outside was crispy and the inside was soft and a little gooey-ish! So without further ado, here is the recipe!
Peanut Butter S’mores Protein Waffle
- 1/2 cup Oat Flour (I grind up my own oats)
- 1/2 Scoop (~22g.) Chocolate Whey Protein (or protein of choice)
- 1 tbsp Chocolate PB2 (or other peanut flour)
- 2 tbsp Walden Farms Marshmallow Fluff
- 4 tbsp Skim Milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tbsp Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- Cinnamon to taste (if you’re like me, this is a pretty decent amount!)
- Turn on waffle iron..
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients
- Spray with Coconut Oil spray (or any other kind).
- Once waffle iron is preheated, pour in waffle mixture.
- My waffle iron beeps when it’s done, but I kept my waffle in for a couple extra minutes.
- Top with Walden Farms Marshmallow Fluff, Walden Farms Pancake Syrup, Chocolate PB2, Cacao Nibs, and Cinnamon! (You can play around with this to your liking 🙂 )
If you try this recipe out, let me know what you think!